Click on your question to open the answer.
- What are my responsibilities regarding eStaffing?
- Verity your personal information and eligibility records.
- Enter your course preferences by the deadline.
- Accept/reject assignments by the deadline.
- How do I enter my preference information?
- Login to the eStaffing
system. (If you have problems with your password, contact the ACC HelpDesk.)
A timeline for your hire priority should appear as the first screen.
- I recommend that you check your information at the beginning of each
staffing activity. This data should not change, but it's better to be safe.
Click on "My Info" to review your information. If any of your information is
incorrect, you must contact either HR or the Dean's office, as indicated on
- I also recommend that you verify your eligibility for departmental
courses. To do so, click on the tab that says "Eligibility." This screen
will also indicate your "hire priority" (MSTA, HPH, etc.). If you believe
there is an error in your eligibility record,
contact me immediately.
- Be sure you have selected the correct semester for the current staffing
- There are four categories of preference information, each of which is
entered on a specific screen. To begin entering your preference information,
select "Campus Prefs." When you have entered your preference information for
that category, click on "Save and Proceed to Next Step," which will take you
to the next preference screen. If you use the upper tabs to go to another
screen without clicking "Save and Proceed," the data you entered will not be
saved. You may return to a previous screen to change information: just click
on the tab for that screen.
- Review the preference information by clicking on "Faculty Prefs." (Note
that the "Faculty Prefs" screen allows you to review your preference
information. In order to save preference information, you must be in
a specific category, such as "Campus Prefs" or "Day/Time Prefs.") If you
find an error, click the preference tab for that category and correct the
error. Be sure to click "Save and Proceed"!
- If you have technical problems, contact the ACC HelpDesk for assistance.
- How are courses assigned to faculty?
- Courses are assigned to you based on (1) your hire priority, (2)
the order in which the eStaffing system selects you for staffing, and (3)
the preference information you have entered.
- A word on eStaffing order: There are a number of qualitative
distinctions within the eligibility list. For instance, faculty holding an
MSTA or IA are prioritized first in the process, faculty designated HPH/senior
are next, etc.. Each of the qualitative distinctions in effect defines a
"priority level" within the eligibility list, and in most cases there are
a number of faculty at a given priority level. Faculty at the same
priority level must be assigned courses sequentially, and the eStaffing
includes an algorithm that places faculty within each priority level in
- As courses are assigned, they are taken out of the available pool, so
that no duplicate assignments occur. This is also why you may not receive a
course you had selected in your course preferences.
- Once assignments are completed, you will have an opportunity to
"accept/reject" your assignment. If you accept your assignment, then your
assignment is confirmed and a contract is processed. If you reject the
assignment, then the courses assigned to you are released into the pool.
Check the eStaffing schedule for deadlines.
This page was last updated
01/18/2005 08:23:41 PM